Monday, May 24, 2010

Secret Project

So I began with an exercise ball and a garbage bag.

When we blew the ball up, the bag ripped (mini FAIL). But a new one fit over the ball just fine. Then I taped down all the flappy, bumpy parts.

That's where the newspaper comes in (Claudia, you were partly right. You are a winner- PAPER MACHE!- Just not a pinata). There will be multiple layers and each layer needs 24 hours to dry. I could do a pic of each layer, but in Sid's very wise words, "boring..." So, I will not be posting until the new step is finished.

Until then, you will just have to suffer through more stories and pictures of my family.

4 comments:

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

I was totally thinking paper mache but had no clue what you would do with it....i think I am not as creative as you...I am still stumped for what you are making...BUT super excited to find out! <3

My New Life said...

we check the blog often to keep up on the family but this new project is mind blowing my first guess was a pinata, if its not a pinata then i dont know??? just fill it full candy then sid wont think its boring

Amber said...

Curiouser and curiouser! My vote is for a pumpkin. I know we are still far from Halloween but a gigantic jack-o-lantern would just be so cool

Scott said...

Yeah, I was thinking the headless horseman pumpkin or doing a giant skeleton head to be Jack from the Nightmare before Christmas.