Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back log: My little artist



Awhile ago, I came downstairs and found Jake had discovered my moms marker stash. He LOVES to color. Why can't the world be your canvas?
Stifling my laughter, I tried to snap a few shots without giving the impression I was encouraging his new found love of modern art. I think I failed. For once, he enjoyed posing for me.







I am pretty sure he started by attempting to put on lipstick. His use of color is wonderful here, the base of purple with hints of blue speak to me; something like, "Hey Grandma, turn up the heat" comes to mind.

2 comments:

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

LOL I love it...this totally made me laugh out loud! he did an awesome job with the "lipstick"...PS I am loving how much you are posting lately! so fun!

Caitlin said...

That's awesome! I think Bridger has the same love of modern art, except he always manages to find a dry erase marker. One day he colored on my couches while I was washing the slip covers. I was thrilled.