Tuesday, June 7, 2011


Originally the boys room was all brown. And I mean ALL, the walls and the ceiling painted all the same brown. It is a small room. it looked like a cave.
I painted it a warm grey. And the ceiling an almost white grey. Then I striped it... and the paint bled under the tape. I had to fix the bleeds with a little paint brush. It was a lot of work, but I am happiest with their room of any.



In the kitchen,
I started by taking down the lovely fruit patterned wallpaper.

Three of four burners worked on the oven and the door was scary close to falling off. They had patched it with Gorilla glue. The microwave made noise and the glass disk inside rotated, but when we tried to cook with it, it didn't cook.

SOMEDAY, we will get a wall mounted microwave. But we are quite happy with this for now.


This is the dining area. before.

This is it after. YAY! First time ever I have put out this much of my MilkGlass. I still have three more pieces. But they are for a cute little shelf I haven't put up in the dining room yet.


2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! Amy, It looks amazing. You have done such a good job with it. I love the stripes in the boys' room

Caitlin said...

You are doing such a great job (and so fast!) I love it! You want to come spend a week here when I get a house one day...ha ha (I'm kind of serious though).