Saturday, June 12, 2010

Willy Wonka

My boys are in love with the Willy Wonka movie. As they watched it I couldn't help but wonder what the moral of the movie was?
I decided that the moral was, your kids are good or bad according to your parenting. If I were to assign my kids one of the characters, JR would be the fat kid. The one who falls into the chocolate lake. I can't help it, he really is a glutton for chocolate milk.
I would say Sid is really most identifiable with Charlie, but of course every parent would hope their kid was Charlie.
This lead me to question what made Charlie the 'good' kid instead of a 'naughty' one? Well he is poor (check- got that one nailed), doesn't eat in excess (double check), isn't a gum chewer (beware the delinquent gum chewing kids! I wonder how Ol' Willy would view Sid's daily battles with hoards of zombies, if gum chewing offends him? Lets pretend he would be delighted with Sid's inventive and imaginative mind) and that leaves us with too much TV, pushy, loud mouth kid... not Sid.
Lastly, I decided to have really excellent kids, as parents, you need to live with your parents and sleep in one large family sized bed... Hey Ronell and Julie, is your stick house done yet? It has one of those larger then king, family sized beds in it! Let's make a deal.

No comments: