Sunday, September 13, 2009

Room Mom

Well, I am the official 'Room Mom' for Sid's class. His teacher called and asked me tonight. I am happy that she wants me, and I have noticed that she has taken liking to Sid. It's a relief because I have been so worried about him starting Kindergarten only being four (and a little immature for a four year old). I guess that's one benefit to 50% of his class not speaking English well. LOL. No wonder I am Room Mom... I'm the winner of a one man race!!!

Disclaimer: This was meant to be funny- not mean.

4 comments:

lori and clark remington said...

Amy, Sid is still 4. When is his birthday? Half your class is Hispanic? What school is he going to? Good for you for being room mom. Kindergarten is when I love to be room mom.

Caitlin said...

I was going to ask the same thing...when is his birthday. Out here, you have to be 5 by Sept. 1st, so Saxon will barely make it when his turn comes :)

Amber said...

You are going to have lots of fun being Sid's Room Mom and I am sure he will love having you help out in class. Where do you find the time to do all these fun things?

The life of MeMe said...

So he is going to school at an almost 70% Asian school. His birthday is late September and the cut off is in December here. Our school is just up the street, so I get to walk there to drop him off and pick him up. It's nice.
His teacher lets me bring Jake into class with me, so being room mom shouldn't be too tough. He thinks he's part of the class.