Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day of school


This was JR comforting his big brother


Unfortunately Sid got his hatred for morning from me. I thought giving him candy would make him smile... this was the result (see the wad of candy in his mouth)

I am getting so old. Sid had his first day of Kindergarten today. He was really nervous. The teacher had them all sit on the rug, Sid didn't want to. JR went with him and held his hand. When it was time to go Sids usual 'goodbye' is to give each other a 'five' a 'knuckles' a hug and end it with a kiss. You could see he was trying not to cry... brave little guy.
We walked out and I cried.
When I picked him up he LOVED it. And decided he cant wait to go back tomorrow. Whew. What a big relief...

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm so glad he like it! I'm always afraid that Saxon will be that kid screaming because he doesn't want to go. He has a couple of years though...

lori and clark remington said...

I cry every time one of my kids start kindergarten...I hate to let them go. I think it got harder and harder with each one because I new how fast they grow up and life goes by so fast. My first baby is 25 and my last baby only has this year and next of elementary school left.

Amber said...

Wow, I can't believe Sid is in kindergarten already. As much as I dream of the day Van starts school so I can have some freedom from the constant demands of small children, I am sure I will cry too (sometimes I have a hard time letting him go into nursery alone) It is good that he had fun though it will help you let go of him the next day.

Mike Brunson said...

I like that they both have lunch pails. They both look so grown up. Last night Van slept in a real bed for the first time! We were so proud of him, I really do enjoy seeing them grow and accomplish new things. Be sure to post more.